Deep Osaka Food & Drink Tours
We will explore the hidden gem of Shinsekai. Rarely visited by foreigners and an enclave of amazing food stalls, bars, restaurants, markets and establishments.
These are the incredible Backstreet Osaka Tours of the ghetto, retro zone, yakuza, abandoned buildings area, red light district, illegal gambling dens and the neighbourhood alleyways. During this tour you’ll do some taste testing at two different street stalls. Then after we finish exploring, you’ll be treated to a traditional meal at a local restaurant.
We strive to show you the authentic, underbelly of Osaka on this night tour, where you get a real and deep understanding of the inner workings of this amazing city visiting some amazing vintage architecture which is steeped in history & some run down, gritty, derelict areas too…not what Osaka Tourism wants you to see!
Get an inside look with our tour guide, Andy, who is half Japanese & half Australian. Andy has an extensive knowledge of the Osaka region and can answer all your queries on this walking tour.
OPPLE Events: 7 weekly events!
Boat parties, dinners, karaoke, language exchanges, sports, Board games, private beach getaways etc
Kansai Hikes & Walks
Breathtaking scenery and amazing culture with a friendly group. Half day events only cost 1200yen!
Osaka Pub crawl
With 50~70 ppl you go to 3 bars get 5 free shot drinks and free entry to the club, so be ready for a party!
We will show you the hidden gems that you would never find without us.
1. Urban exploration: abandoned warehouses, quaint run down house areas
2. Learn about the Osakan night culture: off the beaten path best eateries & bars
3.Visit the dark, underground gambling dens: Majong, Go & Shogi
4. Discuss about taboo issues eg. our homelessness crisis & shame
5. Red Light district tour: witness a region controlled by the infamous yakuza
6. See bizarre & retro only in Japan establishments. Quirks & superstitions
7. Traverse the unmissable winding, narrow back alleys nearby Namba station
8. Set foot in Osaka’s most important, but unknown, shrine. Rituals explained
9. Discover and understand the runnings & loopholes of the pachinko palours
10. Visit and hear the background of love hotels & its impact on society
Guests So Far: 6200+
Tours So Far: 1000+
Knowledgeable Guides: 7
Five Star Reviews: 1300+ (96%)
Intriguing Conversation Each Tour: 100+
Unique Stops On Every Tour: 21
Trip Advisor Tour Ranking In The Whole Of Japan: 10th
Lost in the alleys, at the midpoint of the tour, you will taste some appetizing Yakitori and Takoyaki.
For Dinner taste delicious Osaka “soul food” of kushikatsu. Over 40 types of skewered meat & vegetables (like tempura) for a 1 hour all you can eat dinner includes desserts. Or get Osaka’s Japanese pizza (Okonomiyaki). Both are vegetarian friendly establishments.