Lost in the alleys, at the midpoint of the tour, you will taste some appetizing Yakitori or Takoyaki. For Dinner you’ll get 4 authentic Osakan dishes & desserts from a very very local family run Izakaya restaurant. They are a vegetarian friendly establishment(but tell us in advance if your vegetarian).
Deep Osaka Food & Drink Tours
We will explore the hidden gem of Shinsekai. Rarely visited by foreigners and an enclave of amazing food stalls, bars, restaurants, markets and establishments.
These are the incredible Backstreet Osaka Tours of the ghetto, retro zone, yakuza, abandoned buildings area, red light district, illegal gambling dens and the neighbourhood alleyways. During this tour you’ll do some taste testing at two different street stalls. Then after we finish exploring, you’ll be treated to a traditional meal at a local restaurant.
We strive to show you the authentic, underbelly of Osaka on this night tour, where you get a real and deep understanding of the inner workings of this amazing city visiting some amazing vintage architecture which is steeped in history & some run down, gritty, derelict areas too…not what Osaka Tourism wants you to see!
Get an inside look with our tour guide, Andy, who is half Japanese & half Australian. Andy has an extensive knowledge of the Osaka region and can answer all your queries on this walking tour.
OPPLE Events: 7 weekly events!
Boat parties, dinners, karaoke, language exchanges, sports, Board games, private beach getaways etc
Kansai Hikes & Walks
Breathtaking scenery and amazing culture with a friendly group. Half day events only cost 1200yen!
Osaka Pub crawl
With 50~70 ppl you go to 3 bars get 5 free shot drinks and free entry to the club, so be ready for a party!
We will show you the hidden gems that you would never find without us.
1. Urban exploration: abandoned warehouses, quaint run down houses
2. Learn about the Osakan night culture: off the beaten track best eateries, bars and pubs
3.Visit the dark, underground gambling dens: Majong, Go & Shogi
4. Discuss about taboo issues eg. our homelessness crisis & shame
5. Red Light district: witness a region controlled by the infamous yakuza
6. See bizarre & retro only in Japan establishments. Quirks & superstitions
7. Traverse the unmissable winding, narrow back alleys nearby Namba
8. Set foot in Osaka’s most important, but unknown, shrine.
9. Discover & understand the shady runnings & loopholes of pachinko
10. Visit and hear the background of love hotels & its impact on society
Lost in the alleys, at the midpoint of the tour, you will taste some appetizing Yakitori or Takoyaki.
For Dinner you’ll get 4 authentic Osakan dishes & desserts from a very very local family run Izakaya restaurant. They are a vegetarian friendly establishment (but tell us in advance if your vegetarian).